Sponsor

Sunday 25 August 2013

Dong Po Colonial Cafe

Morning Breakfast @ Dong Po Colonial Café

 
After seeing pictures from a friend on Facebook
The BF and I decided to wake up early on Sunday to try this café
 
 Located near Haji Lane and Arab Street, the retro shop sells Hand made 50s and 60s pastries.
 
 
We reached at about 11 plus but place wasn't that packed.
The place is decorated with a very oriental feel with oriental music
bringing you back to the 50s/60s
 
 There are wide variety of pastries served there.  From Cakes to Tarts.
I'm not a very sweet tooth person and chose something more traditional.
 
 
 
I got the Soft boiled eggs (Childhood all time Fav)
remembering having breakfast with my dad and him cracking the eggs for me,
and now, i'm doing it myself.
 
 My Kopi - O and Bf's Teh
 The traditional Pastries we've gotten.
my Butter cake and bf's tart
 Vanilla Long Cup and Chocolate cake
 
I must say I'm not a total fan of the butter cake and Vanilla cake.
I prefer it more moist.
But if I dip it into my coffee, it becomes a different story.
It becomes soft with the coffee aroma.
But still, I like it original moist and the buttery feel.
 
Of all I took there, I love the Toast.
crispy with Kaya and butter.
On the first mouth, the Kaya and butter combination just burst in your mouth
 
MMmmmmm..
 
 
I will definitely go back there for their Toast and Coffee.
A good place for a traditional morning.
 
You can visit their Facebook for more details
 
For those who drives, there is a open air carpark around the corner.
Short wait is needed but definitely able to find a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment