Sponsor

Monday 24 June 2013

Dozo : Fine Modern Japanesque

Japanese Cuisine Tasting for my ROM

 
As recommended by a friend of mine,
my family and the BF went over to DOZO to try the food there.
 
Have been hunting Japanese Restaurants for my ROM.
 
When we reach, they are sweet enough to give us a private room.
(I told them I am there to celebrate Belated Father's Day)
 
I must say, the service there is good.
The service staffs knows their food well and is very patient in explaining.
 
As we are there the first time,
they explain to us right from the start of the menu.
 
 
 
 
 Starting drink to wake our taste buds.
Taste like Plum Juice / Lime Juice with crashed ice.
 
Starter: Chef Selection
Apparently there is a sequence to Savour this dish
You have to eat it from Middle, the Scallop, Right, the Foie Gras, Left, the Smoked Salmon
This dish is real tasty.
 
Followed by Cold Dish
 
The BF's Beef Tataki (Raw Beef)
 
My Dad's New Style Tuna TarTar
 
My Mum's Platter of Air Flown Seasonal Sashimi
 
As for mine, the King Crab Claw salad, I was so busy eating and tempted,
I forgot to take the pic.
 
3rd Dish
Side Dish
 
My Foie Gras Chawanmushi
I find it a little too much to take in because of the strong taste.

 
 The Bf's Chimichanga
Bf said taste like mushroom soup in bread
 
My Mum's Steam Fresh Bamboo Clams
Not my mum's cup of tea
 
My Dad's Soft Shell Crab
 
As per my mum, she said the soft shell crab was fresh and taste sweet. 
 
 4th Dish
Soup
 
The Bf's Crab Bisque Cappuccino Style
Do not be mistaken, there is no coffee in it totally.
Bf's Comment: Too "Jer Lak"
 
Mum's Bacon Infused Pumpkin Veloute
Mum's Comment: Gives her the shiver when she drinks
 I believe its because of the thickness
 My Dad's and I will be the Miso Soup
Our comment: Clear and Light
 
5th Dish
 Main
 
My Beef Tenderloin on "Pu-Ye" and Granite Hot Stone
My comment: The meat is infused with the "Pu-Ye" and it is very tender.
you can choose how well u want it to be cooked as well.
At the side will be the Mustard Garlic sauce to go along.
 Bf's Kurobuta
Bf's comments: Too tender with no fats.  More like Normal Pork
 
 
My mum's Stew Beef with Mash
Mum's comments: Taste like Mutton
 
My dad's Poached Salmon
Dad's comments: None
 
The Final part where we have our Drinks and Dessert
 
Bf's Ice Rose Lemon Tea
 Dad's drink, I forgot what is it.
 My Mum's Ice Genki Blend
Nice color. My mum drank it without stirring and it taste weird.
If you order this, remember to stir first.
 
My Lavender Hot Tea
Taste and smells good.
 
My Warm Chocolate Cake
My comment: Not the Best lava cake but still acceptable
 
Bf's Japanese Cheese Cake
Bf's Comment: Smooth and rich. He likes
 
My Mum's Mochi with Green Tea Ice Cream
Mum's comments: Too Sweet
 
Dad's Red Bean Puff with Vanilla Ice Cream
Dad's comments: So so but red been too sweet.
 
My Parents do not enjoy really sweet things.
 
After our dessert, they brought in a cake to wish my Dad Belated Father's Day
and took a pic for us. 
 
Obviously my parents do not really enjoy the food there.
 
It is too fusion for our total liking.
 
So we head over to Newton to have more Decent food
where by my parents enjoy.
 
The King Prawn
 
Stingray
 
And my Favourite Half Raw "See Hum"
 
 These are to end our dinner the Ultimate Filling way.
 
After trying out Dozo, Bf and I concluded that the place will be out for our ROM.
 
Though the atmosphere and service is really good,
but the ordering part is too tedious and the food is definitely not for
the older generation's liking.
 
I really hope someone can suggest a good location for Japanese restaurant to me
so that I can try and have my ROM there.
 
Till I have more food.....
 
CIAOS!!
 
Location for Dozo:
491 River Valley Rd  Singapore 248371


No comments:

Post a Comment